samedi 29 août 2026

Clay Tablet. Catalog number AO-6018


Graham Hancock had sth to Say on Göbekli Tepe · Revisiting a Tablet in Ur · Clay Tablet. Catalog number AO-6018

Facts I could gather from the internet.*

  • written around 2900 BC (I think someone preferred to call it BCE, we know what year that's supposed to be anyway)
  • describing Göbekli Tepe, with visual accuracy.


I haven't been able to double-check. But the point is, this video*, of which I don't know how much is AI and how much is human input, perhaps AI is restricted to voice and images and all the text is human, considered this a very remarkable feat of oral tradition.

More remarkable than the ones I, as a Young Earth Creationist, believe took place between Adam and Moses (or Adam and Abraham), Jared and Moses (or Jared and Abraham), Noah and Moses (or Noah and Abraham), Heber and Moses (or Heber and Abraham) and possibly even between Abraham and Moses (where I would consider Abraham wrote down and Moses collected writings of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph and his sons Ephraim and Manasse).

Let me explain what I mean by oral memory. across 7,000 years. The scribe who wrote that tablet in 2900 BCE wasn't copying earlier texts. He was documenting what his teachers told him, ...

Consider the math. Göbekli Tepe was buried around 8,000 B.CE. The scribe died around 2,900 B.CE. That's 5,100 years, approximately 204 generations if we assume 25 years per generation. Add the 2,600 years from Göbekli Tepe's burial back to its construction, and you get 280 generations total.


There is a math error, Göbekli Tepe is supposed to have been standing 1600 and not 2600 years.

Maybe the text is AI generated after all. Or maybe the writer got carried away.

But 2900 BC after 9600 (or 9500) BC, that's still 6600 to 6700 years.

Now, consult my tables.**

2608 BC
Noah died
43.443 pmC, 9500 BC

...

1739 BC
86.754 pmC, dated as 2914 BC
1736 BC
Isaac died


And calculate:

2608 BC - 1739 BC = 869 years.


There is another thing.

The videast gets 280 generations, but key isn't the total number of generations, but the total number of minimally overlapping ones. Now, uniformitarians presume uniform life spans, so with 25 years per generation and 100 years old for the oldest and an overlap of 25 years being preferrable over no years, that would give us. Well, what?

A 25 50 75 100
B 100 125 150 175
C 175 200 225 250
D 250 275 300 325
E 325 350 375 400


Five minimally overlapping generations would normally give us 400 years.

6600 / 400 = 16.5 * 5 = 82.5 minimally overlapping generations
6700 / 400 = 16.75 * 5 = 83.75 minimally overlapping generations


For 869 years, I'd need a little over ten, with normal lifespans, but far less than that with lifespans in 2608 being, well, 2557 a Peleg was born, and he lived to ...

18 And Phaleg lived and hundred and thirty years, and begot Ragau. 19 And Phaleg lived after he had begotten Ragau, two hundred and nine years, and begot sons and daughters, and died.
18 Καὶ ἔζησε Φαλὲγ τριάκοντα καὶ ἑκατὸν ἔτη καὶ ἐγέννησε τὸν Ραγαῦ. 19 καὶ ἔζησε Φαλὲγ μετὰ τὸ γεννῆσαι αὐτὸν τὸν Ραγαῦ ἐννέα καὶ διακόσια ἔτη καὶ ἐγέννησεν υἱούς καὶ θυγατέρας καὶ ἀπέθανε.


130 + 209 = 339 years. And that's for the end of Göbekli Tepe.

So, the 869 years would need far fewer minimal overlaps than even ten.

The long span of 82 to 84 minimal overlaps is reduced to just less than ten. Maybe five or six.

Babel to Abraham?

Heber saw it happen, so, Heber to Abraham:

2691 BC
Eber born

2295 BC
Serug born

2187 BC
Eber died

2016 BC
Abraham born

1965 BC
Serug died


I think 3 minimally overlapping generations is feasible for maintaining an exact memory. I also think some event in the past radically shortening lifespans is possible, so that longer lifespans can have been possible in the past. So, while I believe in the Bible because of God, because Jesus is risen, I would possibly still believe this, even if I were unhappy enough to apostasise. But from that I beg God to preserve me.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Paris
Decapitation of St. John the Baptist
29.VIII.2026

Decollatio sancti Joannis Baptistae, quem Herodes circa festum Paschae decollari praecepit. Ipsius tamen memoria solemniter hac die colitur, qua venerandum ejus caput secundo inventum fuit; quod, postea Romam translatum, in Ecclesia sancti Silvestri, ad Campum Martium, summa populi devotione asservatur.

PS, the video describes another clay tablet too. Flood Tablet / Deluge Tablet CBS10673, Penn Museum. The date assigned is 1650 BC, which in my tables*** matches 1527 BC, 16 years before the Exodus. As Moses had no contact with Mesopotamia, presumably, or not after leaving the Egyptian court at age 40, we can assume the accounts are not just roughly contemporary in preserved shape, but overall independent of each other./HGL

* The Last Sumerian Who Remembered Göbekli Tepe — What He Wrote Before Dying (2900 BCE)
Silent Century | 19 May 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGVJR3BN_Mc


** Both the cited ones are on: Newer Tables, Flood to Joseph in Egypt So are the minimally overlapping generations, Eber, Serug, Abraham.

*** This time Newer Tables, Joseph in Egypt to Fall of Troy.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire