vendredi 28 octobre 2022

Is Joseph = Imhotep Still Defensible?


Is Joseph = Imhotep Still Defensible? · So, Starting to Answer ... 1 & 5, 2, 3a ... · 3b) they think the Egyptian defense was too good for a people to invade them + compression

CMI has over a few articles accumulated a few objections. They prefer the idea of Joseph's pharao being a Hyksos pharao.

They could of course have notified me, when I was notifying them on my tables, a few times even I think.

Now it's a few years' delay, and I am confronted with it at once. Following article and some it leads on to:

Is CMI confusing Egyptian chronology?
Feedback archive → Feedback 2022
https://creation.com/confusing-cmi-egyptian-chronology


1) For starters, I do not endorse any other synchrony than Shishak = Shoshenk.

2) Second, here is the first divergence. I put Joseph, as Imhotep, under Djoser (also called Geser or Zozer).

They put him under a Hyksos pharao. An Egyptian one, they argue, would have hated shepherds. Once they got an Egyptian one, the hatred for Hebrews took on.

3) I have endorsed the idea that the Exodus led to the Hyksos invasion = Amalecite invasion.

They oppose this based on their view on 2, but also for two other reasons:

a) they think the Hyksos came with the chariots, so must have preceded the chariots of the pharao;
b) they think the Egyptian defense was too good for a people to invade them.

4) I endorse the idea, Egyptian chronology is decent from New Kingdom on (after both Hyksos and Exodus), but too ill documented before that to get a real argument against compression with Bible and my carbon dating tables.

They say that the chronology is too well established to allow such compression.

5) For Biblical chronology, they use Masoretic, I use Roman Martyrology, a version of LXX chronology.

If they are right, I have some recalibration to remake in my tables. Stephan Borgehammar warned me a few years ago, but referred to source material I could not get at unless basically buying books, which my situation does not allow. The sites he linked to have been less upfront on the arguments than CMI are.

Meanwhile, this is a preliminary opening on the questions, I'll wait to later with answering.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Paris
Sts Simon and Jude
28.X.2022

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire