dimanche 2 septembre 2018

What Demographic is a Creationist?


One in four US Americans (stats for 2016 or previous year or so) believes God created the world about 6000 years ago, a literal Adam and Eve ...

So, do these coincide with every US demographic that is 25 %?

No.

In fact, Creationism isn't limited to US. I saw a documentary on a German documentary channel caled Galileo. I had to comment on it, since it presumed basically that Creationism is one Christian confession or at worst sect, one Christian lifestyle.

No, I don't spend five or more hours a week at a Protestant Church, I don't live in a country side house (with goats and poultry) in Texas, I am quite a different demographic - I'm still a Creationist.

Some don't get you can

  • love fantasy like Tolkien and be Creationist;
  • be a hobo and blogger and be Creationist;
  • have spent more time in university than at work and be Creationist ...


And a man who thought St Ignatius of Loyola couldn't be against "Pope Francis" being Evolutionist, bc, you know, St Ignatius of Loyola was a Humanist ... some don't get that 16th C. Humanists were Creationists : Erasmus, St Ignatius, St Thomas More, Luther, Melanchthon and everyone else.

Now, Erasmus is one I did study at University - and I don't mean an Erasmus exchange.

Have a Blessed Sunday!/HGL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire